Australia’s premier event for the international lighting community SPARC will be held from 27–29 May 2015 at Sydney Exhibition Centre, Glebe Island, Sydney, Australia, featuring a world-class seminar program of invited speakers, a display of the latest lighting technology and a spectacular gala dinner.
The Asia-Pacific Lighting Systems Workshop – a two hour event covering seven discussions and bringing the minds of many leading scientists in the Asia-Pacific region to present on lighting measurements, standards and regulations, lighting controls and innovative applications to reduce energy consumption – took place yesterday.
Today, attendees will have an opportunity to take part at this year’s Pecha Kucha evening, a fast-flowing night of hand-picked lighting experts and architects presenting 20 slides in quick succession.
The final day will feature the so called Speaker Panel Session. Mark Pesce, renowned inventor and entrepreneur will be the host of the Session.
The spectacular dinner event – an evening of magnificent entertainment set against a beautiful backdrop and with a delicious meal to match – will be held at Sydney’s historic Town Hall.
Other speakers at this year’s SPARC include:
- Roger Sexton and Mark Elliot: Light and colour in the built environment
- Dr Yoshi Ohno:Colour Preference-based LED lighting
- DrInês Azevedo: Policy, User Choice and Energy Efficiency
- Simm Steel:Museum Lighting
- Marc Ledbetter:Solid State Lighting: Early Lessons Learned on the Way to Market
- Christophe Martinsons: Health Issues and Lighting
- Professor Georges Zissis:Road Lighting with LEDs
- Antony DiMase:Daylighting/Architectural
- Dr Alan Prest:Standards
- Onno Willemse:Connected Lighting
With a strong program featuring expert speakers from Australia and around the world, SPARC will once again coincide with magnificent VIVID Sydney – a festival of light, music and ideas, which offers wonderful opportunities for complementary activities showcasing lighting.
For more detailed information, please go to www.sparcevent.org